iShade awnings help you enjoy even the hottest sunny day without getting sunburned during the summer months. The main reason for the homeowners to install the retractable awnings in Perth is that they make a stylish addition to your home. With proper care and maintenance, they can stay in good condition for many years to come. You need to maintain a thorough cleaning routine that ensures that the awing remain effective and provide lasting shelter from the sun.
One of the main causes of damage to the retractable awnings is the mildew, which could spread quickly, build up and can damage the material over time. You need to clean the retractable awnings regularly using cold water and remove the dust and dirt that sits on the surface of your awning and prevent mildew from attaching itself to the dirt. Make sure to stay away from abrasive cleaning fluids that could strip the surface of its protective covering.
In case, if you spot any mildew, you should not panic and head straight to the bleach as it can stain and damage your awning’s fabric. Also, they won’t provide the most effective treatment for removing the mildew from the awnings. Instead, you need to sort the help of a specialist mildew remover to get the job done. You need to spray the awning with water to make sure that the awning is thoroughly wet and then you can add the mildew remover and scrub at the stained areas with a cleaning brush. Then rinse the cleaner away and allow your awning to dry in the sun.
The best way to prevent the build-up of mildew and other issues with your awning is to have a regular cleaning routine that to be carried out once in every month. This basic clean-up will help you maintain your retractable awnings in Perth in good condition, leaving you free to enjoy the great outdoors.
- You can remove the loose dirt and dust using a cleaning brush or broom. Clean thoroughly and don’t forget to clean the underside of the awning.
- Hose the awning down using a gentle stream of cold water.
- Any marks or stains on the awnings can be treated using a non-bleach cleaning solution.
- Make sure to rinse away all cleaning solutions using cold water and ensure that no residue is left behind as it could damage the awning material.
- If you have any issue with the waterproofing layer or finish of the awning, you can use a specialist conditioning solution to treat the material.
- Make sure that the awning is dry before retracting again.
It is recommended to have a thorough cleaning once a year to extend the life of your iShade Awnings & Shade Systems.