Plantation shutters are the perfect addition to your windows. They are attractive and provide extreme control over light and ventilation. Also, they would increase the value of your money but do not cost as much as custom draperies. And when you buy plantation shutters online, you can obtain cheaper deals and more variety conveniently. Here are the things that you may not have known about plantation shutters,
- Some people are convinced that plantation shutters would not suit the style of their décor. But plantations shutters are incredibly versatile and can blend in with anything from traditional design to contemporary fashion. Lifestyle Plantation shutters provide greater collection of quality products of varying colours and size than you would find in other destinations. Also, keep in mind they would never go out of style.
- Not all window treatments provide the same energy conservation. The energy efficiency of a window treatment highly depends on the material, shape and the way it is built. Due to the high quality of wood used to make shutters, they let in less heat during summer and prevent heat loss at cold climates. Thus they can help you save you a lot of money on energy bills.
- The simplicity of plantation shutters adds a rich touch to any home. This is how they have managed to stay popular for such a long time. Earlier, wood shutters could be afforded only by the wealthy and people nowadays remain on the same mindset. Therefore, they give a luxurious feel to you.
- Plantation shutters can be installed in several ways: bi-fold, hinged, fixed or sliding. They can be partially opened or closed and can be kept in entirely open or closed position. And when they are closed, they can reduce external noise and offer complete privacy.
- For reasons unknown, plantation shutters are sometimes confused with blinds. It could have been due to the similarity in shape, but both have vast differences. Plantation shutters are a permanent window treatment and could last for several decades. And as mentioned above, they are better at conserving energy and offer high yield in value. You can have two shutters installed at each side of the window frame, while blinds usually cover the entire window.
- Plantation shutters are very easy to maintain. Dust particles do not gather on shutters just like they do in fabric curtains or blinds. Thus, they are the ideal window treatment if anyone in your home is suffering from allergies and would have to stay away from dust.
Though shutters were originated in the Mediterranean countries, they go eventually spread all over the world. Plantation shutters are more popular particularly in places where the weather is warm.