A retractable awning is one of the most convenient and beautiful additions to any home or office. With proper care and maintenance, the retractable awning can remain as an important part of your exterior design. By design, these awnings are self-storing when retracted. You need to take few simple steps that could help to add life and maintains your awnings appearance.
The retractable awnings in Perth are designed to protect you from harsh rays that come from the sun. They are not intended for use in all the weather conditions. The sensors attached to the retractable awning can extend the comfort and convenience, but they can’t replace your own care and diligence. To increase the longevity of your awning, you need to retract the awnings and turn off the automatic control systems while
- You are away from your home for a long period
- Expecting winds stronger than 18 mph
- Expecting frost or snow
- Expecting persistent, heavy, driving, or freezing rain
- If you are not using the area covered by the awning, then it is better to retract the awning.
- You need to keep your awnings clean. Damage can occur if any dirt or foreign materials are left to accumulate on the fabric.
- You need to keep away all the vines and shrubbery away from your awnings in Perth. Few plants secrete acids which can cause damage to the awnings.
- Often you need to check whether the awning frames have any rust. Even though the rust is unlikely, it can cause stains on the fabric of the awning.
- You should not apply force to extend or retract a crank-operated awning.
- You should not allow water to accumulate on your awning. If any water accumulates, you need to use a soft broom to push off the water from the awning.
- Avoid operating the awning in freezing weather. If your awning is frozen, you need to wait until it thaws naturally before operating it.
- Avoid using flames under the awnings. Discoloration may occur due to the coating of smoke and grease.
- Avoid using spot removers or strong solvents to prevent damage and discoloration of the fabric.
- Since they can impair water repellency and cause staining, you should not use pesticides on the fabric.
Cleaning your awnings preserves their good look and extends their lifetime. You need to start the regular cleaning schedule after the one year of installation. Once in a month, you need to clean your awnings with the help of a garden hose. After cleaning, you need to allow the awning to dry completely before you retract it. You can keep the underside of your awning clean by brushing using a clean and soft household broom.
If you are looking for iShade Awnings & Shade Systems, you can contact Sola Shade in Perth.