One of the most valuable investments to any home is shutters. It gives the required security, insulation against the hot and cold conditions, and provides more privacy in addition to allowing necessary light passage. Roller shutters are highly preferred because of its many positive features. Among them, VEROSOL shutter stands out due to its appearance and functionality. It also requires minimal care to work efficiently. But few steps has to be taken to maintain them at their best,
- Homes and windows of Perth are victimised by frequent dust and dirt carried by the wind in the area. Because of the high accumulation of dust and dirt, majority of the problems faced by the users of roller shutters in Perth is either jamming or improper closing. The best prevention method is to wash the shutters regularly every 4 months. Washing the shutters is similar to car washing,
- Keep shutter in the vented position
- Hose it with soapy water
- Clean them with a spongy wipe
- Spray the guides and the white clips located on the top of each track of the shutters generally older than 10 years with Lubricants once in a year. Sticky or silicon based lubricants should be avoided as they can attract dirt. Purchase anti- static lubricants that are available in local shops.
- If there are any scratches or blemishes to the paint work of any shutter components, treat it with methylated spirits. These spirits can remove the dirt or any other grime without affecting the paint.
- If you leave any items under the window sill or below the shutters, the shutters are more likely to get obstructed by them thereby causing the up and down limits of the shutters to move out of place. It can also cause physical damage or dent to the shutters as the slants would bend. So avoid keeping any things near the shutters and make sure no items were blown to the roller shutters from outside.
- More than half of the shutters in Perth are electrical model. It is available with a transmitter in the form of a handset to send signals to the receiver which is fitted to the shutter. If the transmission of the signal is not successful, check for the batteries in the handset and replace them.
- Use the shutters regularly at least once in a week for good working condition. Similar to a car engine, if you let the shutter to remain ideal without any use for a long time they may cease to function properly.
Despite doing everything you can, if the shutters still continue to be dysfunctional do not hesitate to call for any service provider who can repair the problem easily within few minutes.